Categories group products with similar features and are required when adding products. A Sub-category is a division of a larger category or a category within a category. Adding Categories and selecting the correct category when adding products ensures that products are accurately organized.
Add a category
- Go to the Products menu in the Sales sidebar and click Categories.
- You will be taken to the Categories page.
- Click Add.
- The Add a Category pop-up window will open.
- Type the required (*) Category Name.
Category names are displayed and visible to your accounts on the Offer Menu so the name should be typed as you would like it displayed to clients.
- If the category belongs to a parent category, click the Parent drop-down and select the parent category.
If the category belongs to a parent category it is considered a child or sub-category.
- Type an optional category Description.
- Click Save to add the category.