Adding a brand is the starting point of the Products menu. When adding products, a brand selection is required which means all relevant brands should be added to Sales and the correct brand should be selected when adding products.
Add a brand
- Go to the Products menu in the Sales sidebar and click Brands.
- You will be taken to the Brands page.
- Click Add.
- The Add a Brand pop-up window will open.
- Click Upload and select a brand image to upload.
Uploading a brand image is optional but recommended as brand images are shown on the Offer Menu and will be visible to your accounts when they access the menu to place orders.
- Crop the uploaded image as needed and click Save to save the brand image.
- Type the required brand Name.
- Click the Organization drop-down and select the organization to which the brand belongs.
- Click the License Number drop-down and select the license associated with the brand.
The available license option(s) will be the license(s) belonging to the Organization and State currently selected in the Sales sidebar.
If a brand does not have an associated license, manifests will not be automatically created in Trace when orders are placed for products under that brand. This means that any orders placed for a brand without a license will need to be fully processed in Sales.
- If the brand is a sub-brand and has a parent brand, click the Parent drop-down and select the parent brand.
- Type an optional brand Description.
- Select the Exclude from total revenue reporting box to exclude the brand's revenue, units, and grams from the Total Reporting sections in all reports.
Leave this box unchecked to include the brand's revenue, units, and grams in the Total Reporting sections for all reports.
- Click Save to save the brand.