A Standalone product is a product that is created without using a template. Cloning a standalone product is an efficient way of creating a new standalone product by copying and editing an existing standalone product. Only one standalone product can be cloned at a time and a cloned product cannot have the same SKU as the existing product.
When cloning a standalone product, all of the existing product's details including Attributes, Attribute Value, Branding, and Package Configuration can be edited as needed before saving the cloned product.
Clone a standalone product
- Go to the Products in the Sales sidebar and click Products.
- Click the search icon and type the name of the product to clone.
- Click the product's 3 dot menu and select Clone.
- The Clone Product pop-up window will open.
- Click Upload to select a new product image, then click Save to save the uploaded image.
- Click the Attribute Group drop-down to select an attribute group to use to add the product.
- Click each attribute's drop-down and select the product's attribute values.
- Type the product pieces and price in the Pieces and Price fields.
- Type the product name in the Name field.
Click the Brand drop-down to select a brand for the product.
Click the Category drop-down and select the product category.
Type an optional product description and disclaimer in the Product Description and Product Disclaimer fields.
Click Clone to create the product.
- The product will appear on the Products page and will be available for selection to add to pricing groups and inventory allocations.