A Source product is used to create other types of products and can be used to create other source or end products. When creating inventory lots, selecting a source product to map the lots to is a required step. Without mapping the lots to a source product a lot cannot be created which means the source product that the lots will be mapped to should be added before creating the lots.
Add a source product
- Go to the Products menu in the Trace sidebar and Select Products.
- Click Add to go to the Create Product page.
- Type the source product Name.
A SKU will generate after the name, strain, and category have been added.
- Type an optional source product Price.
- Click the Strain drop-down and select the required source product strain.
To add a strain click the + icon.
- Click the Category drop-down and select the required source product category.
To add a category, click the + icon.
Source product categories must be mapped to the correct state categories.
- Type an optional Net Weight for the source product.
- Click the UOM drop-down and select an optional net weight unit of measurement.
- Type an optional number of Pieces.
- Click the Label drop-down and select an optional label to use for the product.
All labels that have been added to the Labels page will be available for selection.
- Type an optional source Product Description and source Product Disclaimer.
- Click Save to add the source product.