A source product is the starting point for creating other products. When creating inventory lots, you must select a source product to associate with the lot which means source products must be added prior to creating lots.
Add a source product
- Go to the Products menu in the Trace sidebar and click Products.
- Click Add to go to the Create Product page.
- Type the source product name in the Name field.
A SKU will auto-generate after the name, strain, and category have been added.
- Type an optional source product in the Price field.
- Click the Strain drop-down and select the required source product strain.
To add a strain click the + icon.
- Click the Category drop-down and select the required source product category.
To add a category, click the + icon.
Categories must be mapped to the correct state categories. If categories are not mapped to the correct state categories, you will not be able to create inventory lots.
- Type an optional source product net weight in the Net Weight field.
- If a net weight was entered, click the UOM drop-down and select an optional net weight unit of measurement.
- If the product contains more than one piece, type the optional additional pieces in the Pieces field.
The Pieces field will auto-populate with 1 piece by default.
- Click the Label drop-down and select an optional label to use for the product.
Labels must be added prior to creating a source product to be available for selection.
- Type an optional source Product Description and source Product Disclaimer.
- Click Save to add the source product.
- The source product will appear on the Products page. Source products cannot be deleted but can be deactivated. Inactive source products will not be available for selection when creating lots.