After inventory has been lotted, the lotted inventory can be converted to create both intermediate and end products.
Before you begin
Before creating a source product conversion, the conversion's output source product must be added in Trace and mapped to the correct state category.
Create a source product conversion
- Go to the Inventory menu in the Trace sidebar and click Lotted.
- To quickly find the lot to convert, click the Search icon and type the name of the lotted inventory strain.
- Click the lotted inventory's 3 dots icon and click Start Conversion.
To convert multiple lots, select the lots, click Actions, and click Start Conversion.
- Type the conversion name in the Conversion Name field.
- Click the Room drop-down and select a room for the converted source product lots.
- Type an optional conversion waste quantity in the Waste Quantity field, then click the UOM drop-down and select the waste quantity unit of measurement.
- If a waste quantity was entered, click the Waste Room drop-down and select a room for the waste created from the conversion.
- Select Source Product in the Output section.
- Click the Output Products drop-down and select the output source product that will be created from the conversion.
If the output source product has not been added in Trace and mapped to the correct state category, it will not be available for selection.
When the conversion's output source product is selected, clicking the See More link will take you to the page of the selected output product in a new window.
- Type the quantity of output product that will be created in the Output Quantity field.
- If the output product lot(s) will inherit the QA results from the selected input lot(s), select the Product not altered (Inherits QA results) box.
- Type the quantity of the selected input lot(s) to use for the conversion in the Used column in the Input section.
To remove a lot from the conversion click Remove.
- Click Finalize to finalize the conversion and create the output products.
Finalizing the conversion will declare it to the state system and adjust the input lot quantities by subtracting the quantity used (the quantity entered in the Used column) for the conversion. The conversion will appear on the Conversions page with a "Closed" status after it has been finalized. The resulting output product lots from the converted source product will appear on the Source Products tab of the Lotted inventory page and can be further sub-lotted as needed.