After a harvest is closed, the harvested materials are logged in Trace as Unlotted Inventory and can then be used to create inventory lots. When inventory is lotted, each lot will have its own barcode and becomes a separate entity.
Before you begin
To ensure proper lotting of inventory, you need to choose a source product to associate the lots with. This means that the source product must be added before creating any lots.
Create inventory lot(s)
- Go to the Inventory menu in the Trace sidebar and click Unlotted.
- To quickly find the unlotted inventory, click the Search icon and type the name of the unlotted inventory strain.
- Click the unlotted inventory's 3 Dots Menu and select Create Lots.
- The Create Lots pop-up window will open and will display the lot strain and the available quantity of unlotted harvest material.
- Type the weight for each lot in the Lot Weight field.
When the lot weight is entered, the Number of Lots field will be displayed with the total number of lots to be created based on the individual lot weight you entered (calculated by dividing the available weight by the individual lot weight).
- Click the Unit drop-down and select a Unit of Measurement (UOM) for the lot(s).
The default unit of measurement is grams.
- Select Lot Remaining to lot any remaining inventory.
The Lot Remaining box should only be checked if there is inventory remaining after entering the lot weight. When the Lot Remaining box is selected, the Number of Lots field will display the total number of lots that will be created.
- Click the Room drop-down and select the room where the lot(s) will be located.
- Click the Map to Product drop-down and select the lot(s) source product.
If there is no available source product selection, you must go to the Products tab, click Products, add the source product that the lot will be mapped to, then return to creating lots.
- Click Submit to create the lot(s).
The lots will be listed on the Source Products tab of the Lotted page.